In accordance with the Modifiers Series we started a special kind of Contest. We want this contest to be simplistic so beginners to advanced everybody has equal chances. The main challenge is creativity. You can submit abstract, VFX, animations or realistic images, no category is preferential.
- You may only use the Blender native mesh primitives.
- You may not use sculpt mode
- You may use Edit Mode, but only to modify weight, crease, sharp, bevel weight and vertex groups and to unwrap or assign materials. No deformation in edit mode are allowed
- Lattices and Curves may be modified in edit mode.
- Curves may only be used as a path or a curve deform object, not rendered.
- You may only use the generate and deform and modifiers, simulation modifiers are not allowed.
- You may use any renderer you like.
- You may use the Blender Compositor for finishing touches, but your work should be more 3D than compositing.
- In order to verify that you have used nothing but modifiers and primitives, you will have to provide the blendfile if chosen as a winner.
### important update: Let us know if you even want the tickets, would be a shame to reward a winner with something he/she didn't want. ###
You can submit your content here: www.blenderartists.org
Deadline is 1st of August! The winners will be determined by Gottfried Hofmann and Frederik Steinmetz.
1st and 2nd prize: One VIP-Ticket for Campus Party Berlin 2012. Not the ordinary one you can get for 128,- Euros but a special ticket with access to the VIP area and more.
3rd prize: One item from the Blender.org e-store!
There are already tons of array tentacles out there, so be innovative and creative, think abstract, think combinations. Here some inspiration:
As you can see this contest is fairly restrictive, so we are very excited about what Blender users can come up with, using only the most basic tools.